- BX1500 lightweight bass head
- BR410 cabinet
- C5S speaker cable
BX1500 Bass Head:
The BX1500 dual mono block rack mount bass head delivers huge power that's rich and warm all generated from discrete, 12AX7-driven Class A preamps and powerful, reliable power amps. The comprehensive EQ is fun to work, shaping all your tones to perfection. There is not a more powerfully featured, fabulous sounding bass head on the market, and this one is an ultra-light 10 lbs.
- 2 power amps deliver 300w at 8 ohm, 450w at 4 ohms, and 750w at 2 ohm each or 900w at 8 ohm bridged or 1500w at 4 ohms bridged
- Rich, warm 12AX7 tube drives each power amp and features a rear In/Out switch
- 3 EQ sections, the Contour Control going from a flat mid response to a heavy scooped mid response for slap bass players, the 3 mid sweeps with Bass and Treble precisely dial in your exact needs, and the 9 band graphic is perfect for overall tone shaping – foot switchable. No bass head has more tonal flexibility.
- A one knob compressor adjusts for smooth light compression and the internal amp limiters hold everything.
- Bi-Amping is easily done from the front panel crossover control with each amp setting it own level for the HI and LO balance
- Everything is nicely controlled with independent Amp 1 & 2 Levels and a Master Volume
- A conveniently located Mute switch and an Active/Passive switch to tailor the input for different pickup configurations, plus Graphic EQ,Effects and X-over front panel switches
- The rear panel features an XLR Balanced DIRECT output with Level control and pre or post switch.
- 3 High current Speakon™ 1/4-inch combo speaker connectors are for Amp 1, 2 and Bridge
- Rear panel Effect loop, stereo amp patch inserts and an un-muted turner jacks.
- The CLASS D power amps feature high current, high speed FET output devices for optimal 2 ohm current.
- The high headroom reveals its high dynamic power from the Switchmode power supply that operates at 100,000 Hz delivering maximum efficiency while reducing weight.
- The head runs cool from its 94% efficiency. There is no wasted heat or energy from the AC Wall plug
- Auto-switching AC input for 120V 60 Hz or 240V 50 Hz
- Size: 2U rack mount 19" wide x 10.5" deep x 3.5" high
- Weight: 10 lbs
- Made in the USA
The BR series cabinets incorporate very efficient Low Frequency drivers delivering accurate tone with high output. Expect a deep resonate bass from these systems along with a tight, punchy, slap & pop high-end. Extended mid range also makes your bass sound alive.
- Titanium HF driver for crisp-slap highs
- Cross grain laminated multi-ply plywood enclosure construction
- Heavy internal bracing eliminates unwanted cabinet resonance
- Dado joints are assembled with 3000 lbs tensile strength glue
- 16 ga. perforated steel grill
- Covered in black vinyl with recessed handles
Carvin offers an assortment of colored coverings for guitar and bass combos, 4 X 12 speaker enclosures, guitar amp heads and bass amps. To select a color for your new BX1500-410, check the appropriate swatch in the "Accessories" section below. Note that while custom cabinets, enclosures and heads are covered under our 10-day trial and are fully refundable, the cost of the colored vinyl is not.
Please add 3 - 10 business days for custom-covered cabinets.
- 1500w RMS, bridgeable
- Dual Power Amps - Biamping
- Warm 12AX7 Tube
- 3 Parametric EQs, 9-band EQ
- 2 rack space
- Ultra Light 10 Lbs
- Made in San Diego, California
- Four 200w 10" woofers, 1" Titanium HF driver
- Freq. Resp: 53 to 20K Hz -3dB - usable to 38 Hz @ -10dB
- Sensitivity: 106dB @ 1w and 136 dB @ 1200W
- Power handling: 1200 Watts
- Precision crossover with 5 position HF attenuator
- Covered in black vinyl
- Size: 23.5" wide x 18.25" deep x 25.5" high
- Weight: 63 lbs
- Made in San Diego, California
Corey Archuleta Colorado
"Wow. The price is nothing compared to the quality of this thing. It feels like your playing $1,000 worth of amp. I love it, and it has lasted my beatings. I have pushed this thing, and it has yet to fail over the 2 years I have had it. (Touring, extreme heat/cold/etc...) I went into buying this not knowing what to expect, and holy crap, did it exceed my expectations. Buy it."
Dean Harris Jacksonville, Fla.
"I have played in 42+ years, at least 20 types, brands of amp heads. The BX1500 surpasses all of them, even the monster tube heads! This one still has all the tube warmth, if you are into the 12AX7!"
Jeff Dixon Somerset, KY
"I must say WOW. I bought this head and a 8x10 Cab and this by far is the best amp I have ever played through. I'm in a band and we cover everything from funk to country and this amp can do it all!!! I have owned alot of other amps and there isn't one made that can compete."
Timothy Jordan USA
"This is the first Carvin amp I have bought and I could not expect anything more punchy or delivering. It will move the air around you and wrap you in a blanket of definition and tone. Magnificent! Thank You Carvin....."
Abram M. Gonzalez El Paso, TX
"Amazing tone you can get out of this bass head! Best I've ever had or played on! Durable and super light!"
Addison Carlton Sanford, FL
"Played bass for over 20 years. Just replaced my R1000 with a BX1500. The BX1500 is not only superior to my old R1000, it is surely the best sounding bass amp I have ever heard. Unbelievable tone,headroom,and best of all BOOM!!! Carvin got this one very, very right. Thank you Carvin."
P. T. Prarie Village, KS
"Everything I have ever purchased, including my brand new BX1500 amp by Carvin is made at the highest quality level there is. Made in the U.S.A. is a high priority for me. Congratulations!"
James Williams Portland, OR
"Bass players our time has come - the BX1500 is the bass amp we have been waiting for. It has everything that the pro bassist needs to sound great at the show...it has great head room the tone is very tasty. I've used all the other amp heads and the BX1500 beats them all for the price. Try it with an 8x10 cab, you wont go back. I'll never use another brand.....James Williams, bass player for the band Well in Doubt...better get one."